About Google's advertising networks
With AdWords, your ads can show on one or both of Google's advertising networks: the Google Search Network and the Google Display Network. The campaign type you choose determines which of these networks your ads will appear on.
The Search Network includes Google Search, other Google sites such as Maps and Shopping, and hundreds of non-Google search partner websites that show AdWords ads matched to search results.
The Search Network can help advertisers do the following:
- Show their text ads next to Google search results
- Reach customers actively searching for their specific product or service
The Display Network includes a collection of Google websites (like Google Finance, Gmail, Blogger, and YouTube), partner sites, and mobile sites and apps that show AdWords ads matched to the content on a given page.
The Display Network can help advertisers do the following:
- Use appealing ad formats to reach a wide range of customers with broad interests
- Build brand awareness and customer loyalty
- Increase engagement with customers
- Choose more specifically where their ads can appear, and to what type of audience